The Brethren Workshop Ministries
Teaching and learning about God through traditional hand work, and working to foster an interest in traditional hand work, manual labor, and craftsmanship through a Biblical perspective.
The Brethren Workshop News
1 John 4:21 "And he has given us this command: Anyone who loves God must also love their brother and sister."
The Brethren Workshop got out of the shop at the end of October and did its first outreach project. We were blessed to build this ramp for our brother and sister. The students that helped used some of the skills they learned in the shop to build the ramp. Berkey Church of the Brethren paid for the materials through The Service and Social Action Fund.
Thank you to all who participated! To God be the glory!
Thank you to all who made TBWM's Summer 2021 Opportunities Happen!
Just to recap, this summer adults and youth did the following:
1. Youth Build: Youth and adult volunteers helped build timber frame benches in a Christ centered environment. Ages were 12 and up.
2. Drawing Class: Men, women, and youth learned various drawing techniques with an award-winning artist, Mary Wiley-Lewis. Ages were 12 and up.
3. Metalsmithing/Forging Workshop: Adult Men's Fellowship created a variety of blacksmithing project using the glow-forge in addition to sharing a devotion and a meal.
Message us for more information for next summer and other opportunities.
2AM Devotional 7.1.2021
2AM with Jeff Devotional 7.8.21
*For additional devotions by Jeff, visit Berkey Church's YouTube Channel.
How can you help with these new ministries?
1. Instructor wanted! Are you familiar with farming and gardening that would be willing to volunteer to head some classes at the Brethren Workshop. Contact Jeff for more info!
2. Don't throw those old tools away! We are looking for donations of antique and classic hand tools for woodworking and blacksmithing. We will restore them and put them to good use. If you would like to donate something contact Jeff Yeckley to arrange pick up, or drop them off at the shop.
Needs: (but not limited to)
Chisels, saws, wooden mallets, brace and bits, hand planes, squares, steel rules, dividers, compasses, old timber framing tools, etc. Also looking for a wood lathe.
Contact Ministry Organizer and Instructor:
*Check out The Brethren Ministries Facebook page for more information by clicking the Facebook link below.
"May the favor of the Lord rest on us; establish the work of our hands for us - yes establish the work of our hands."