Berkey Church of the Brethren
Loving God, Loving People, Making Disciples, Changing the World
November 27 - December 4
Weekly Church Agenda
*Indicates there is a change in the traditional weekly schedule.
11.27.22 (Sunday): 1st Worship Service at 8 a.m., Sunday School at 9 a.m., and 2nd Worship Service @ 10 a.m.; ADVENT CELEBRATION & lunch following service (All are welcome!)
11.28.22 (Monday): Outdoor Cookie Outreach at 5 p.m. BUT there is Bible Study at 7 p.m.
*11.29.2022 (Wednesday): Christmas Program Practice instead of Wednesday Night Bible Study 6:30-7:45 p.m. (Preschool - 12th grade welcome!)
12.4.2022 (Sunday): 1st Worship Service at 8 a.m., Sunday School at 9 a.m., and 2nd Worship Service @ 10 a.m.; meal & meeting on the District Information following the service
***Reminder: This Sunday, December 4, there will be a (meal for those staying) & meeting following service; the District Minister will be talking with and answering questions regarding the District.
1. FALL YOUTH NEWS:
-Sunday, November 27, YOUTH can go to Sunday School @ 9am and worship @ 10am; lunch & Advent celebration following service
-Tuesday, November 29, YOUTH can join us at New Day Center in Windber at 4pm
-Christmas Program Practice instead of Bible Study this Wednesday, November 30
-Sunday, December 4, YOUTH can go to Sunday School @ 9am and worship
*SEE Announcement #7 & #8 about future events
2. If you have yet to receive a monthly church newsletter and wish to do so, please
connect with Pastor Jason, or Jaymie. December's newsletter can be found in the Narthex.
We will be sure to start sending one to you if you let Jason or Jaymie know!
3. A BIG THANK YOU to all who gathered together to celebrate the start of Advent season this past Sunday! The sanctuary was already prepared with our big tree and Advent candles, and the fellowship hall was decorated from the floor to the ceiling - thank you to those who gave their time and decorating skills to make this day special! We fellowshipped during our meal, crafted, sang Christmas songs with Pastor Nathan, and the youth decorated the church. Such great fellowship, cookies decorated (and eaten) and memories made again this year. Thank you to all who made this day possible!
4. On December 4 at 12pm, the District Minister will be visiting to discuss the District and answer questions. There will be soup/salad for members and their families who choose to stay for this meeting.
5. The Christmas Recital is December 16th from 6-7 p.m. Children and youth are invited to share their musical gifting and play a Christmas or worship song on a musical instrument. To register and for more information, please contact Nathan or Daniela Crissman at 814-244-1410.
6. The next Bell Choir practice is at the church this Sunday at 6 p.m. for a brief 1st practice. If you are interested in participating this (with or without experience playing), connect with Breanna Gerhardt.
7. YOUTH: On December 9 there is the Christmas Party at New Day in Windber following school.
8. YOUTH & FAMILIES: We will start Christmas caroling next week! Youth ... caroling will be on Wednesdays! The dates we will be November 30, December 7, December 14, and December 21. Families and Youth ... we will be caroling (tentatively on ) Sunday, December 18 around 2 p.m. Connect with Jason or Sharon for details!
9. If your child would like to be a part of the Christmas program, connect with with us, or join us on Wednesdays from 6:30-7:45 p.m. The program is Sunday, December 11 during service at 10 a.m.
10. Wednesday Night Bible Study is every Wednesday from 6:30-7:45 p.m. Children receive a meal during this time. We learn a Bible Story, play a game about the story and verse, sing, have recreation, and connect with their peers in a fun environment. Connect with Sharon, on Facebook, or the church office, if you are interested in being a part of this weekly experience, or need a ride.
*** If you have any additional announcements that you would like to share, connect with Pastor Jason.
"Let us not glide through this world and then slip quietly into heaven, without having blown the trumpet loud and long for our Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Let us see to it that the devil will hold a thanksgiving service in hell, when he gets the news of our departure from the field of battle."
Donate via Tithe.ly
Tithe.ly is a secure, free church giving method for giving financially to the church. It allows you to give and designate where your tithe will go. If you need assistance to set this up, please connect with the church office via email or phone.